What Is Home Care?
What Is Home Care?
Home care is care that allows a person with special needs to stay in their home while being cared for. Professional caregivers help patients with daily tasks they need to maintain the independence they desire. It might be for someone who is getting older or someone who is chronically ill, recovering from surgery, or has a disability.
Twenty Reasons For Home Care
By Val J. Halamandaris
There is no question in my mind that home care is the wave of the future. There is growing public demand for health care services that are available to the public in their own homes. The reasons for this trend are complex. They have to do with tradition, with technology, and with cost effectiveness.
Twenty Reasons Why
Modern technology has developed to the point where virtually anything that is available in a hospital can be provided at home. There is significant evidence that it is less costly than other forms of care, and that it is the most satisfying form of health care available to the American public. Little wonder that the public is demanding that it be made more available. It is an idea whose time has come.
1. It is delivered at home
There are such positive feelings that all of us associate with being home. Our home is our castle, our refuge from the storm. When we are not feeling well, most of us ask to go home. When we are feeling well, we enjoy the sanctity of our residences and the joy of being with our loved ones.
2. Home care represents the best tradition in American health care
Home health agencies were started as public agencies to seek out the poor and the needy who otherwise would go without care. No one was turned away. This is still true for most of America’s home health agencies.
3. Home care keeps families together
There is no more important social value than family. It is particularly important in times of illness.
4. Home care serves to keep the elderly in independence
None of us wants to be totally dependent and helpless. With some assistance, seniors can continue to function as viable members of society.
5. Home care prevents or postpones institutionalization
6. Home care promotes healing
There is scientific evidence that patients heal more quickly at home.
7. Home care is safer
8. Home care allows a maximum amount of freedom for the individual
A hospital, of necessity, is a regimented, regulated environment. The same is true of a nursing home. Upon admission to either, an individual is required to surrender a significant portion of his or her rights in the name of the common good. Such sacrifices are not required at home.
9. Home care is a personalized care
Home care is tailored to the needs of each individual. It is delivered on a one-to-one basis.
10. Home care, by definition, involves the individual and the family in the care that is delivered
The patient and his family are taught to participate in their health care. They are taught how to get well and how to stay that way.
11. Home care reduces stress
Unlike most forms of health care, which can increase anxiety and stress, home care has the opposite effect.
12. Home care is the most effective form of health care
13. Home care is the most effective form of health care
By bringing health services home, the patient does not generate board and room expenses. The patient and/or his family supply the food and tend to the individual’s other needs. Technology has now developed to the point where almost any service that is available in a hospital can be offered at home.
14. Home care is given by special people
By and large, employees of home health agencies look at their work not as a job or profession but as a calling. Home care workers are highly trained and seem to share a certain reverence for life.
15. Home care is the only way to reach some people
16. There is little fraud and abuse associated with home care
17. Home care improves the quality of life
18. Home care is less expensive than other forms of care
19. Home care extends life
20. Home care is the preferred form of care, even for individuals who are terminally ill
What people are saying about us!
My father receives services from Hope Home Care, Inc. and the process was smooth and we are very satisfied. Hope Home Care, Inc did a great job processing my father’s papers and pushing to start his personal care (CDPAP) service swiftly. Thank you Hope Home Care.
– Mr. Juan R. (Client)